Wednesday 1 February 2017

WHATS IN MY EVERYDAY MAKEUP BAG?



Hi everyone, today I'm bringing you a what's in my makeup bag post. I love seeing what other people have in their makeup bags so I thought I'd do my version of it. I do like to wear quite a lot of makeup but that's just me and that's completely okay. Everyone is different.

Anyway, here's what's in my everyday makeup bag and my thoughts about each product!!


As you can see from the picture above, my makeup bag is a little Jack Wills one, its such a lovely size and it fits everything in that I could possibly need. I'm not sure of the price as it was a gift, and I don't want to go snooping haha!

To make things easier, I think I'm going to break it down into sections. Lets go.

FACE


Hello there, shitty NARS bottle. If you've read my last blog post then you'll know I hate this bottle. This is the NARS All Day Luminous Weightless foundation in Light 1 Siberia...jeez what a mouthful. For more in depth information and a proper review, check that post out. I'm just upset that I'm losing so much foundation all over my other products and my makeup bag. I'm pretty sure the two hairbands are doing absolutely nothing, but it (sort of) puts my mind at rest.


I don't use concealer any more because my skin has got so much better recently and I don't really have dark circles. But, if I do need to clean up the edges of my eyeliner or carve out my eyebrows, this is what I use. This is the Rimmel Lasting Finish concealer in the shade 010 Porcelain, and it's absolutely perfect. It's very smooth on the skin and easy to blend, plus it's great for priming your eyelids as well.

I've talked about these before, these are the Body Shop shade adjusting lightening drops. I use this on my neck with my NARS foundation, just so I don't have a line, and it works perfectly. I used to use this with my Smashbox foundation as it was too dark, but I found it kind of affected the formula on my face and made the foundation break up on my skin, so be wary of this.

This is the powder I use to set my face; the Seventeen Miracle Matte pressed powder. This is in the shade ivory porcelain and is absolutely perfect. I've tried loads of powders but none of the quite work like this one. My skin looks absolutely flawless, and it's ridiculously cheap.

This is the Rimmel Stay Matte powder in the shade 001 transparent. Loads of British Youtubers rave about this, but I have a love/hate relationship with this product. This for one definitely is not transparent, and I hate what it does to my skin. I find that it sinks into all my smile lines and forehead wrinkles and just looks absolutely awful. I now use this to bake under my contour and normally use a hair grip to scrape a layer of powder off the top. It works well for baking, but personally not for anything else.

I've already done a post on this so I wont say too much! As you all know I love my Hoola, but now I use it right near my hairline/top of my cheekbones to darken up the contour a little bit. A little goes a long way with this product and I love the little brush!!

A recent addition to my makeup bag, this is the Jouer mini highlight in Ice. This is absolutely bloody gorgeous, its so frosty and pigmented. The packaging is so cute and there's a little mirror inside as well. I love using this with a fan brush.

Another new addition is this blush from MAC. This is Gingerly, but I am not a fan of blush and use this as a contour shade for my deathly pale skin. I love the look of this, it really warms up my face without being too orange or too much, and it really easy to blend out on top of my foundation and powder. It is super pigmented though so again, a little goes a very long way!


EYES
  This is Benefit's Precisely, My Brow Pencil. I have actually run out of the product on one end, but I just use the spooly from this to brush through my brows before and after adding product.

Before I used this product, I was an avid user of the brow pencil, and was convinced I wouldn't change. However, I  don't really know what came over me one day, but I bought the Ka-Brow. This is in the shade 6, the kind of darkest shade, only its a cool toned dark brown, pretty much a black. This product is so creamy and easy to apply. It doesn't dry up and the little brush is the ideal size for me to use. It's already lasted me ages and I've got a long way to go. Despite it being a little bit expensive, I think it's 100% worth it.

Another newbie to my makeup bag, this is the Zoeva 225 Luxe eye blender. This is amazing. I have never really invsted enough money into makeup brushes because I didn't really think it mattered. It does, it really does. This brush effortlessly blends my eyeshadows and literally cuts down the time it takes to do my eyes by about 3 hours. Its so soft and beautiful and definitely worth it.

The first of two mascaras, this is the famous Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara. There's also a blue waterproof version I think but the lady at the counter recommended this one. She wasn't wrong, this mascara is incredible. And as an avid user of false lashes, I can go without and not be self conscious with this mascara. However, I don't use it on my bottom lashes because I find that it smudges underneath my eyes. I've tried putting some loose powder on the tips of my lower lashes but after a while it didn't work.

Onto mascara number two, the NYX Doll Eye mascara. I'm pretty sure this has little fibres in it, I love it. It's perfect for my lower lashes and doesn't transfer onto my skin underneath.

LIPS


Another new addition to my makeup bag is the Jouer lip topper in Skinny Dip. Its like a beautiful pigmented rose gold/ peachy colour with little glitters in it. It goes on top of whatever lip product you want really. It looks amazing with the next product. It glides on so smoothly and lasts such a long time; its a struggle to even get it off!


I normally carry at least one MAC lipstick in my makeup bag with me. My favourite lipstick of all time is Honeylove. Its very similar to the Jouer colour, a really lovely nude. I love MAC lipsticks, I find them so beautiful and long wearing.


FACE BRUSHES

I find the actual Beauty Blender sponges way too expensive for what they are, and so picked up this two set from Makeup Revolution. The black beauty blender is more hard, and I use it for baking. The orange one is like a normal foundation beauty blender and is softer, so I use that for my foundation. The work amazingly when you dampen them and are really inexpensive in comparison to just one beauty blender from the proper brand.

I probably shouldn't use this brush for so many purposes, but I love it so much. This is just a basic Jack Wills brush and I use it for powder, contour and to wipe away my bake. It's so soft and works just as well as any high end brush!!

NEW PRODUCTS TO TRY

You may have seen the other version of this eyeliner in my favourites post a few months back. I have been waiting to try this for ages and my other liner from NYX has finally run out so I am excited to give this a try, especially as the other one is so good.

I haven't had a setting spray in a long time. I bought the UD All Nighter in the mini bottle, and although it was good, I just didn't want to re purchase again purely because of the money for the full sized bottle. I decided to pick this up a while ago but haven't got around to trying it; this is the NYX Matte Finish setting spray. I've heard quite a few good reviews of this and cant wait to give it a whirl.

As I mentioned before, I love wearing false eyelashes, so I can't wait to give these ones a go. I wear glasses all the time and want lashes that aren't too full on (otherwise they press up against the lenses when I blink), but are lovely and wispy. I've never bought lashes from Kiss before but I cant wait to give them a go. I feel like lashes are so overpriced and these were really quite cheap.


I hope you enjoyed reading this post, and maybe even gained some inspiration yourself for some products you'd like to try!!

chlo x





Post a Comment

© tintsofautumn. Design by Fearne.