Tuesday 24 January 2017

(ANOTHER) FOUNDATION REVIEW- NARS ALL DAY LUMINOUS WEIGHTLESS



Hello again! Today I am here with another foundation review. Foundation is easily one of my favourite makeup products to try out, mainly because I'm so picky. My skin tone is so difficult to match and every "professional" that has matched a foundation to my skin has been completely and utterly wrong. There has never been a foundation that has completely matched me, which is probably why I'm on some sort of manhunt to try every foundation that ever existed.

In December I went to Birmingham and went shopping in the Bullring, and naturally went into Selfridges, died, and came back to life again. Oh, and I took my bank account with me too. I've always always wanted to try a NARS foundation because the YouTube beauty community just raves about them. I went up to the counter and asked the lady the difference between the Sheer Glow foundation and the Luminous Weightless. Naturally, I chose the Luminous Weightless because she said it's full coverage, and that's what I love in a foundation. I don't care if I look like I'm wearing foundation, that's the whole point. I want to be flawless, hahaha!

Anyway, without further ado, lets jump into this review.



The first thing that always grabs me about NARS products is the packaging. It's sleek and black and bloody gorgeous to be honest. I'd kind of expect it though because the foundation retails for £32, and it is a high end brand.

£32 is a steep price for a foundation, I was expecting good things. The lady at the counter colour matched me with the two lightest colours; I wanted to make sure I had the perfect match before I bought it. She put Light 1 (Siberia) and Light 2 (Mont Blanc) on my jaw and told me straight away that Light 1 was too yellow toned for me. She showed me in the mirror and sure enough, Light 2 was a perfect match for my skin. I was so happy, and I trusted her, so I bought it right away. She works on the actual NARS makeup counter right? She must know everything!!

WRONG.

I was completely and utterly wrong. The shade is absolutely awful. The problem with beauty counters is that they want you to buy their products there and then as fast as you can. What she didn't do was wait until the product had oxidised on my skin. That's when it got bad. I soon found that my makeup looked amazing in artificial light, but when I looked in a mirror in natural light, I looked like an oompa loompa. Siberia had been more of a yellow tone (which I never thought my skin was), and Mont Blanc was an orange tone, a very orange tone. After sticking with the foundation for about a month, I had had enough. I tried everything. I thought maybe I wasn't shaking the bottle enough, or that I was applying it wrong, but I soon found the problem was not me. So, I went online and bought Siberia.

I had never ever thought my skin was a yellow tone, because its not really. I've always known its not an orange tone, I just thought I was white as heck to be honest. I was so scared for Siberia to arrive, however I was pleasantly surprised.

Although it's not the perfect shade, its very close. With blending down the neck and a good powder, the foundation matches me so well. I feel like I've been so negative so far, and that's not even the end of it. In actuality, I love this foundation. Despite all the issues I had with colour, it's by far my favourite foundation of all time.



It is definitely a full coverage foundation, and the all day part is also true. It looks absolutely beautiful on the skin, it looks so friggin flawless, I've never seen my skin look so good. I've struggled with my skin for years and when I used to struggle covering it up. I had lots of spots, discolouration and acne scarring. I would hate going outside because I knew people would see my orange, cakey face. Now, it doesn't even feel like I'm wearing foundation, hence the "weightless" marketing point. I forget its even there. I never have to top it up, my skin literally looks like silk all day, I've never felt so confident in a foundation.

Now that I've got more into eyeshadows and have darker hair and eyebrows, having the full coverage flawless foundation just completes my makeup look as a whole. I absolutely love how it looks and feels on the skin, and I hate that I had to start on a bad point. It just sucks that I wasted £32 on a shitty colour.

One other little nag I have is the bottle. The bottle itself is stunning, however I was surprised to find that there's a stick inside. Just a stick attached to the inside of the lid. I hate this.



I started off by using it to wipe the foundation on my face, which worked well enough until it just snapped off. Not only that, its a strange screw top lid that literally breaks after a few uses, and because there's no pump, it leaks. My expensive foundation leaks all over my other expensive makeup. I have had this problem with BOTH of my foundation shades that I bought from NARS, and I really think they need to put a pump on it before I go absolutely batshit crazy.

I've just had a Google around, and I think you have to buy a pump because the lid is so shit. That's going to have to be something that NARS consider in their lab because quite frankly, it sucks.

I feel like I really nagged about this, but I wanted to be brutally honest. It is by far my favourite foundation of all time, but I just encountered a few hiccups along the way. But hey, what would makeup be if you didn't learn things and make mistakes?

Hope you enjoyed this blog post!!
love,
chlo x

Post a Comment

© tintsofautumn. Design by Fearne.