Friday 26 May 2017

REVIEW: ZOEVA CONTOUR SPECTRUM PALETTE


 Hello! As some of you may know I recently turned 20, and of course received some makeup for my birthday. I'd been looking for a good powder contour palette for aaaages, and had such a hard time choosing.

Cream contouring just doesn't seem to work for me, plus I'm useless and I have no idea at all how to do it.

I'd been debating for ages whether to ask for the Anastasia Beverley Hills contour palette, but I swear it was like £40 and honey I ain't paying that or getting anyone else to pay that amount. So I looked on the other end of the spectrum; I considered the NYX powder contour palette but I just wasn't sure.

That was until I saw this beauty on BeautyBay and fell in love. I was immediately drawn to the colours, which I'll get into in a second.

So yeah, kindly I was given this for my birthday by Josh and it came in the most beautiful white box all wrapped up in black paper, I felt like royalty haha!

Anyway, lets get into the review!





As you can see here I have feebly tried to make my blog photography a bit better, and failed miserably, but it'll do for now.
So, this is the packaging. It's a sleek, soft matte black, kind of comparable to the soft feeling of some NARS packaging. The text on the front is embossed and a reflective gold, with a little holographic stripe down the middle which I think is stunning. I don't know if there are different shaded palettes, but this one has a sticker on the back that says B56...whether that has any relevance at all!
This packaging is honestly stunning and looks so high end and expensive.

Here's what the palette looks like inside! Continuing with the spectrum theme, on the left theres a lil spectrum pattern with the holographic lines again, along with a holographic Zoeva logo. On the right is the good stuff. As you can see there are four absolutely gorgeous shades in their little circle pans.

On the top right we have CN010, a banana coloured powder which is perfect under the eyes.

To the right of that, we have a darker contour shade called CN020, which is great for you gals who don't have pasty white skin! Saying this, even I've used this a tiny bit and it isn't too bad on me!

Bottom left, we have CN030 which is a white highlight shade...absolutely gorgeous! It kind of has a slight gold reflect to it in the light as well.

Finally, on the bottom right is CN040, a more cool-toned, lighter contour shade which is perfect for my skin tone!



Here are the gorgeous swatches! The formula of these shades is beautiful. They're so buttery and smooth and go onto the skin like a dream. You do need a light hand with these though because they're are super pigmented, but they're super blendable.

I would seriously recommend this palette to anyone who doesn't want to splash out but wants something of amazing quality. I've used this every day since I got it and I am seriously in love. I'll definitely be repurchasing this!

Here's where you can get it:

-BeautyBay, £15
-CultBeauty, £15
-Zoeva, £14.50 with £2.50 shipping
-Selfridges, £15

Hope you enjoyed this review! I have loads of new products to make posts about so keep your eyes open for those!

chlo xx

Post a Comment

© tintsofautumn. Design by Fearne.