Wednesday 3 May 2017

APRIL FAVOURITE: NYX BUTTER GLOSS


Hello again! I love doing these one product monthly favourites because I don't have the money to buy loads of makeup, and can just give you a quick run down on my ultimate fave over the past 4-ish weeks.

Now, as you might have guessed from my previous blog posts, I love a matte lip. I just think you can't go wrong with a beautiful, flawless matte base and a gorgeous matte lip to go with it. I'm not about the dewy skin or the glossy lip life.

However, about a month or two ago, I watched Hannah Renee's full face of holy grail products tutorial, I believe. I saw her nude, glossy lip and fell in love, which is very, very unlike me.
The product she was using was the NYX butter gloss in the shade Fortune Cookie.

So, without any more rambling, let us dive right in to this favourites post!



Firstly, I love NYX products, they're so so affordable and are great quality as well. I also own the pressed and loose transparent setting powders, the micro eyebrow pencil, the doll eye mascara, matte finish setting spray, matte liquid liner, and you will have also seen me using the vinyl liquid liner in the past. Safe to say, I am clearly a big fan. I really really want to try the ultimate palettes and their powder contour kit too.


Anyway, the price for this little beauty is £5.50, which I think is great considering how much I love these, and how fab everyone else seems to think they are!! I bought mine off the Boots website and got it delivered to the store where I live, but you can also get them from the NYX UK website which is now up and running, and all the NYX counters that are popping up in Boots stores!

Okay, so the product itself claims to be a "glossy colour that melts onto lips for a soft, kissable pout." The colour itself is a beautiful glossy nude and does look amazing, however I think in my opinion that it works better as a kind of lip topper, to go over another nude lipstick. That's how it works best for me anyway.

On the Boots website it does also say "swipe it on alone or over your favourite lipstick for creamy sheer to medium coverage that melts onto your lips and is never sticky." I can agree with everything here apart from the sticky and the kissable part. Now, I think what people need to recognise is that this product is £5.50, it's not supposed to be the most long wearing lipgloss ever. It's supposed to be a great product for a great price, which it is. It can be a bit sticky yes, and it doesn't last that long, especially if you're eating food or kissing someone. I don't really care about that though, I'll wear it whenever I want and I don't care if it comes off, I think it looks incredible, and re-applying isn't as much of an effort as everyone makes it out to be.

As well as the fact that I love NYX packaging, I love the little doe-foot applicator. It's quite small but picks up a good amount of product. I honestly just love this little thing.

Here's a swatch of the gloss on it's own, and as you can see it is a beautiful pink nude, and is what I'd pin as sheer to medium coverage. I thought I'd also include some swatches of it over my favourite lipsticks, just so you can see how gorgeous it actually looks!

From the bottom to the top, here is Fortune Cookie paired with; Velvet Teddy, Really Me, Honeylove, Blankety, Whirl and Stone. Recently, I've loved pairing it with Blankety, which you may remember is the amplified formula from my MAC lipstick collection. Here's a picture with that on my lips:

I hope you enjoyed this April fav! I honestly love NYX as a brand and can't wait to try more of their lip products because they're amazing!
I really don't have much negative to say about these, and even the "negatives" don't bother me at all, I would seriously recommend these!

chlo xx

Post a Comment

© tintsofautumn. Design by Fearne.