Wednesday 10 May 2017

REVIEW: MAC MINERALIZE SKINFINISH


Hello again!

I have a little pile of makeup that's been sitting around for months waiting to be tried and I'm finally just getting to it.

Today is a quick lil review of a natural highlighter. You know me, I love being so highlighted I can be seen from space but I really have fallen in love with this product and it's so natural and gorgeous.

So if you're looking for a natural highlighter this is definitely the blog post for you!




This is the MAC mineralize skinfinish in Warm Rose, (it really annoys me that there is a z in there) I'm sure you've heard of some of the more "blinding" cult favourites, Soft & Gentle and Global Glow. For some reason I've never really felt the need to buy either one one of those. I'm quite happy with my Mary-Lou and my Jouer Ice to be honest.

These retail at £24.50 on the MAC website, but a few months ago I picked this up for £19.99 at TK Maxx which was pretty good going.


I honestly didn't know what to expect from this, because of the other famous shades. I could kind of tell straight away that it wasn't going to be as intense as the others, but I wanted to give it a go. I thought maybe if I liked the formula of this, I would eventually go and pick up Global Glow or something.


This is such a satisfying product to look at don't you think? From first glance in comparison to the more blinding shades in the range, you can definitely see it won't be the same. But that's okay, not every highlight needs to be really bright. The MAC website claims that Warm Rose is "pastel pink with pink reflects."


The formula itself feels so soft and velvety, and is lovely to put on the skin. As for the description, I feel like they hit the nail on the head. When you swatch Warm Rose, it isn't immediately shiny and reflective. It's a sheer, dusty pink colour, and when you move it in the light, it reflects tiny little pink glitter. Honestly, it's hard to explain but it looks so stunning and subtle. A little bonus is that it's definitely buildable, not to the point where you're literally reflecting, but you can definitely build it up.


I included a swatch with a flash because I feel like you gals just need to know what it looks like in all lights!


Here's a little swatch of it on my arm. Honestly you can barely see it and it really does perform better on the face. But you can 100% see what I mean when I say it's subtle. I really do love how it looks and if I ever want to just tone it down I will reach for this.

If you're one for a nice subtle radiance to your skin, definitely pick this up!

Until next time!

chlo xx

3 comments

  1. I have just bought this very same product from TK Maxx. I have pale skin and I think it's a perfect, gentle highlight. Great review x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gorgeous isn't it!! I have pale skin too it looks great! Thank you x

      Delete
  2. I have just bought this very same product from TK Maxx. I have pale skin and I think it's a perfect, gentle highlight. Great review x

    ReplyDelete

© tintsofautumn. Design by Fearne.