Monday 22 May 2017

OOTN: LITTLE WHITE DRESS


Hi! I recently went to a dinner and dance that had a kind of formal, shirt and tie dress code. Obviously as soon as I found out I was going I was immediately stressed about what to wear.

In the end I decided to go with the gorgeous white dress you can see in the picture.

Keep reading to see the deets!


I originally fell in love with this dress months ago, and wanted to buy it for Cheltenham Ladies Day. But, as the universe always works, it was out of stock, and wasn't going to be back in stock for the foreseeable future. I had my heart set on this dress. I wanted it and I knew I would find somewhere to wear it to.

So, I asked my mum to get me it for my birthday. When it arrived it looked quite different to how it looked on the model on PrettyLittleThing, It's got a kind of white, fishnet looking material on top, and then skin coloured fabric underneath to keep everything covered. I thought it was going to look so weird, it just didn't look right.


Even when I put it on, it took me while to love it. I think it was when I put the shoes on that made me fall in love, it kind of pulled everything together.

I think a white dress looks so good with a tan, and I think it worked well with my dark hair too.

The only thing I will say about this, is despite the beautiful fit, the neckline rubbed me, rubbed my fake tan off and still hurts now, so I'm not really sure how to overcome this, maybe I just have a fat neck hahaha!



My shoes are my favourite pair I own I think. They're a cream/nude block heel, with the beautiful wrap-around straps. The straps are about 3 miles long so take a while to get on, but once they're on, they're on. They're so so comfy and I honestly love them so much.


Would a post featuring my boyfriend be complete without a soppy/cute photo of us? Absolutely not, so here you go.

Dress: £40
Shoes: £28

I cannot express the importance of DISCOUNT CODES!! Use the ones on the websites to your advantage and if you're a uni student...use UNIDAYS!!!

I hope you enjoyed my ootn, I honestly felt so confident in this, which is a big thing for me so I'm really happy with how the whole outfit came together. If you wanted to know, we got literally all of Josh's suit from New Look, they do an amazing menswear/suit line!

Chlo xx

2 comments

  1. Such a shame about the neck but it does look gorgeous on you!!xx

    Lucy | lucy-cole.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! yeah it is, hopefully I can just tough it out next time haha!! xx

      Delete

© tintsofautumn. Design by Fearne.