Tuesday 18 April 2017

MAC LIPSTICK COLLECTION


Hello everyone!
Today I have a quick post about my mac lipstick collection. I'm pretty sure that Mac lipsticks are the only ones I use. I feel like I need to branch out a bit more because my collection is getting a little bit crazy. I really want to try more liquid lipsticks other than stick lipsticks like these, but my Mac collection is just so damn reliable, and I love the colours and how long they last.

I've included pictures of the lipsticks themselves and swatches as well.

Here's my collection!








The first lipstick I have is one of my more brave colours; this is Stone. It's a matte, just like the majority of my Mac lipsticks, and it's a deep, dark brown and honestly looks amazing on the lips. It's definitely something to wear with a bold liner or eyeshadow look because with minimal makeup (on me anyway) it looks too much. I don't wear this often enough admittedly and I want to try wearing it when I have more of a tan., either that or really bronzed skin like I'm enjoying doing recently.




The next is Blankety, which is an Amplified lipstick. I loved Mattes and really was nervous to stray from them as I was so comfortable wearing this formula. But honestly, I cannot rave enough about the amplified formulas, they are so moisturising and lovely on the lips and don't get a little bit weird like mattes can do after a while or after having a drink. Blankety is a medium nude pink I would say, and it makes your lips look really full.




The next lipstick is a matte again and is by far my favourite colour of my collection, this is Honeylove. This is a darker, more brownish nude, however it is still lovely and light on my lips. As you can tell from the photos, I've already pretty much gone through one of them and thankfully was kindly bought another one for Valentines Day!!




Another matte, this is probably one of Mac's bestselling shade, Velvet Teddy. This is the shade Velvet Teddy, famously worn by Kylie Jenner. Truth be told, I'm not keen on this on me at all. I find it looks amazing on everyone but me. Every time I go to put it on, I'm like "maybe it'll look good this time", and every time I'm wrong. This as you can see is a darker colour than Honeylove, and it comes out more coral-y on my lips. Not a huge fan. I prefer my Makeup Revolution lipsticks to this one.



Apparently I completely forgot to take a picture of the name of this one, but this is also a matte and I believe it's called Really Me. As you can see, this one is a more purple toned nude than a pink or brown. I love this colour, it's super pretty and flattering.




This is another dark lipstick of mine; Whirl. This as you can see is a dark red/orange toned brown, beautiful and warm. Again, I don't wear this enough and I only wear it when I am feeling a little more brave. I'd love to also try this one with a tan as well.




This colour is one I have barely worn, it's a cremesheen formula and it's called Hang-Up. Josh helped me choose this one and I wore it on our first proper "date" together. As you can see its completely different to all the other shades I have. I remember the formula to this one being amazing and really smooth on my lips. It lasted well throughout the meal I went to. It's a nice dark berry red with a hint of purple, but I have to admit I felt really self conscious when I wore it because it was so unusual for me. Hopefully I can find the courage to wear this again.


Here are all the swatches with a flash on. This was taken in broad daylight :)

I hope you enjoyed my Mac lipstick collection! I obviously don't have tonnes but I'd say I have more than enough, and I really want to expand my collection to different brands and formulas. I love using my Jouer lip topper over the top of some of my Mac lipsticks and would love to venture more into liquid lipsticks and glosses.

On a final note, I know it's all over all of my social media, but if you have watched 13 Reasons Why please take a minute to fill in my anonymous survey for my university assignment and share it with your friends! Thank you! https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/25W33QD

chlo xx

Post a Comment

© tintsofautumn. Design by Fearne.