Thursday 30 March 2017

MARCH FAVOURITE: L'OREAL INFALLIBLE COVER


Hello again! I can't believe it's pretty much April right now. I turn 20 in a month and a half. I leave my second year of uni in just over a month and a half. It's mad. Anyway, I haven't been able to try much makeup recently because I am poor, however I did discover a beauty a few weeks ago that L'Oréal just recently released in their new collection.
Of course it's a foundation, you should know this by now. I had heard so many good things about this foundation so naturally I had to give it a try, and it ended up being my favourite product of the month!!

If you want to know what I thought of the foundation just keep reading!




Firstly, the price of this foundation is bloody great; I got mine from Boots for £9.99, and to be honest I thought it would be too good to be true. Something this cheap being raved about so much? I wasn't so sure.

I've tried other L'Oréal foundations before and haven't been overly impressed; I'm not a fan of the infallible 24 hour or the Lumi cushion foundations at all. The colours and formulas just haven't worked for me personally. The infallible 24-hour makes me so oily, and it's way too pink after it's oxidised, and the cushion one is way too sheer for me and is SO orange.

Let's take a look at what this foundation claims to do:


This foundation claims here to be high coverage, which I can definitely vouch for. The consistency is comparable to the dream velvet touch foundation by Maybelline, which made me nervous because I hated that foundation so much. So yeah, anyway, it's got such good coverage and doesn't go cakey from what I've experienced, and is also quite buildable.

The other claim is that it's matte, and that is also very very true. This is not a dewy foundation at all so all my gals who love a glowy look, this is not for you. This is super matte and looks amazing and so flawless once you powder it down.


Here's a picture of the consistency/formula. As you can see its like a really really thick mousse; I think that's the best way to describe it. As you can see I got the colour Light Sand, which for once is not the lightest colour. I've discovered that the lightest colours in most foundation brands are a light colour with pink undertones, which are not for me. I like to go for more yellow undertones because they're easier to blend into my skin and they just work a lot better for me.


Here's a little swatch of it on my hand, it looks a bit odd but I promise on my face it looks absolutely fine, haha! I honestly love this foundation and couldn't believe the quality of it for such a great price tag. Definitely a great buy for anyone who wants a full coverage foundation but doesn't want to or can't afford to pay a ridiculous price for high end foundation.

I do feel like their shade range could be improved though, but hopefully they have more in the works. However, a well earned favourite for the month, I'd seriously recommend it.

Hope you enjoyed!!

chlo

Post a Comment

© tintsofautumn. Design by Fearne.