Monday 6 March 2017

MAKEUP REVOLUTION: RETRO LUXE LIQUID LIPSTICK



Hello again!
We all know that over the past year, big lips have been the in thing. It all started when Kylie Jenner just suddenly got hot. It was literally like she woke up one day looking fit as fuck and nobody knows when it all happened. At the start of this, she put her huge lips down to wearing MAC Velvet Teddy, which is now pretty much their best selling lipstick. Then of course we were introduced to Kylie Cosmetics, and since the launch, the liquid lipsticks and lip liners have by far been some of the most popular products.
Don't get me wrong, I love high end makeup...but Kylie's stuff is god damn expensive, especially seeing as you have to pay to ship her stuff over from America, and there's loads of controversy over people not even receiving their orders. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I was looking for a good dupe.

FINALLY she gets to the point ;)

Basically, our babes at Makeup Revolution released a new line of liquid lipsticks that come with matching liners. They're called the Retro Luxe Liquid Lipsticks, and are seen as a dupe for the Kylie lipkits. Now, it's time to quit the rambling and give you the down low on these babies.


Firstly, the lipkits retail for £6 on the TAMBeauty website which is absolutely insane in comparison to the Kylie ones. There are eight shades in the collection; Reign, Regal, Grandee, Royal, Echelon, Glory, Noble and Magnificent. There's four kind of nude shades and then four brighter/more out there shades so there really is something for everyone in my opinion!!

I picked up the shade Echelon:

 As you can see the bottles are nothing fancy; there's no shade name on the liquid lip itself, just the standard logo stamped on and a pretty rose gold/coppery top.

I love the sleek black lipliner pencil, it's obviously not the most luxurious because it's only £6 but I mean come on..I'm not complaining!

Firstly, the applicator. I think you all know what a lip pencil looks like so I won't bother showing you that (also mine is grubby so lol). The pencil is one you can sharpen, I'm only mentioning this because for ages I was really scared it wouldn't sharpen because of the way the packaging looks!


Personally, I love the little doe-foot applicator; I think it's really easy to use on the lips and isn't too stiff or too flexible, if you get what I mean.

Onto the product itself. I have got to say that the colour is quite dark in comparison to the photos, which you should keep in mind if you want to purchase it. It doesn't bother me now because I love the colour, but its just a little warning.

As far as the formula, it glides onto the lips so smoothly and is so so pigmented. It doesn't dry my lips too much (obviously they get a little dry because the formula goes from liquid to matte). I have never been a fan of liquid lipstick because of they way they are on my lips; I have extremely dry lips and I normally have issues with any type of lip product so I've always been sceptical to buy expensive lipkits.

I've worn mine to work before and its survived a solid 9 hour shift where I've been talking, eating and drinking. I tend to lick my lips and bite the skin a lot (lol grim I know) so by the end of the day it was a little cracked but nothing that was noticeable. Honestly, I've been so so impressed with this formula and would definitely re purchase in different shades.

One thing I have noticed though is that they don't dry down completely matte. For the post part they are, but they feel just a tiny bit sticky and do transfer the slightest bit if you're eating and drinking. I don't know if you can tell on the photo, but it's not completely dried down. I took a picture with and without flash.




The lipliner is also just as incredible. I haven't just been using it with the lipkit, but also with my favourite MAC lipstick; Honeylove because they're so similar in colour. The lipliner also just glides on. It's so so smooth and creamy and is honestly a dream. I have nothing bad to say about this!



Again, here is both products alongside the swatches; both with and without flash.

I also thought I'd include a picture of after I've tried to wipe this off with a baby wipe...as you can see they don't budge!! Just go careful on your lips and ensure you don't scrub them too hard haha!!


I honestly would 100% recommend the Retro Luxe collection, and I mean for £6 you can't really say no, right?

If you want to buy Echelon there's a link here!

Hope you enjoyed!

chlo x

Post a Comment

© tintsofautumn. Design by Fearne.