Thursday 2 March 2017

VIOLET VOSS: HOLY GRAIL PALETTE


Hello! Recently, I received a gift from my lovely boyfriend for Valentines Day that I was not expecting at all. As you can tell, this is the beautiful Violet Voss Holy Grail palette. I honestly have been after this for ages but haven't had the money to "waste" per se on this.

I thought I'd do a little blog post about it with some photos and swatches, so don't mind my little pale twig arms!

I hope you enjoy and hopefully I can convince you to invest in the only palette you'll ever want to use again, haha!!



Firstly, I am honestly so impressed with this palette. I went in really heavily with the colours to start with and soon realised that I really didn't need to. The shades are so pigmented and easy to blend, you just need to remember you really don't need that much product!

I definitely would recommend investing in a good blending brush because it makes it ten times easier on your eyes if you have good quality brushes!!

As you can see, as well as 20 incredible shades, there's also a pretty huge mirror which is always a bonus in my book.

The shadows themselves are so creamy and pigmented, and the shimmers are honestly so gorgeous as well.

I just love the look and the overall tones in this palette; I think my favourite shades at the moment ae Wine N Dine and Toffee. I also love that there's literally a shade called Transition for your crease.


 ^^^Left - Right here are swatches of Crystal, Ploof, Thanks A Latte, Transition and Hashtag. These pinkish peachish shimmers look stunning on the eyes, and depending on your preferred look, Transition or Hashtag are great in the crease as transition shades.


^^^Left - Right is Awesome Sauce, Bestie, Toffee, Chill and How U Doin. As I mentioned before, Toffee is literally my favourite shade. It looks amazing on the lid and is so pigmented. I love that there is a range of mattes and shimmers, and they could literally all work together.


^^^ Left - Right is Bat My Eyes, Cool Beans, R U Kitten Me, So Jelly and On Fleek. R U Kitten me is a gorgeous matte shade, a little darker than Transition and Bestie, but less orange than Hashtag, which I love. When I use Toffee on my lid, I sometimes use Bat My Eyes and Cool Beans to blend the shimmer into the darker crease colours.


Lastly, Left - Right is Brownie Points, Teddy Bear, Glamping, Cranberry Splash and Wine N Dine. Brownie Points and Teddy Bear are great for darkening up the crease or the "outer v" if you want to do a smokey eye. And of course, it goes without saying that Wine N Dine is an incredible colour. Cranberry/red tones have a special place in my heart and it's just so pigmented and beautiful, and really adds to any look you're doing. It also looks especially good on the lower lashline.

I think the palette retails for around £40 and I believe you can get it both on BeautyBay and CultBeauty, depending on when it is restocked.

(as of when this goes up it's still available on BeautyBay lol quick click the link)


I honestly could not rave about this palette more and I genuinely believe its a worthwhile investment. I'm so lucky to have been given this as a gift, and I'm literally going to use it until I can't anymore!!

Hope you enjoyed,

chlo x

Post a Comment

© tintsofautumn. Design by Fearne.