Thursday 27 July 2017

HIT OR MISS: JEFFREE STAR LIQUID LIPSTICK


Hello everyone, long time no post right?

I have a little bit of explaining to do firstly, because I can't just fuck off for ages and not provide some sort of reason.




Basically, the last couple of months have been pretty hectic; I've moved back home and have started working 6 days a week at my job. I'm exhausted and mostly sleep, and when I'm not sleeping, I'm with my boyfriend or friends. As well as this, I've been having constant migraines and someone I care about was in hospital and I spent my time constantly by their side for over a week. I also didn't get paid properly this last month so haven't been spending any money on makeup.

Overall, if anyone even cares, I am really sorry for being gone so long, but I really really needed it. I've missed blogging so much and am so excited now that I have a new post for you all!

Today's post is a product made by a makeup artist surrounded by a lot of controversy, and I'd just like to say now I am simply commenting on the product. 


 As you can see, I have a blog post for you today on one of Jeffree Star's new liquid lipsticks in his summer chrome collection. This is Hunty, my new perfect nude!! Firstly, the packaging is as always, amazing. The colour theme is silvers and pinks; it definitely stands out in your makeup bag!


I've seen loads of people using this lately and I've always wanted to try 1) something different to a MAC lipstick, and 2) more specifically one of JS' liquid lipsticks. As well as the insane packaging, when you screw open and close the applicator lid, it clicks into place, so you know this shit aint going anywhere.


As you can see, the product has a lovely doe foot applicator which I find perfect for the lips, and it's so soft, but the actual wand itself is firm if that makes any sense at all. So, the applicator actually feels soft on your lips and doesn't wobble around when you need a steady hand.


As for the formula, I've been testing this out for a few days now and I have to say..this. shit. is. magic. It really is long lasting, like this does not budge at all. The first time I tried it, I had a carvery and it stayed on after me eating a huge meal and a dessert, honestly I was baffled. It doesn't dry out your lips and you literally need one swipe for both lips. ONE FRIGGIN SWIPE. Plus, if you apply more, it doesn't go all weird.


Here's a lil selfie to show you what it looks like on, my lips and eyes were matching on this occasion, haha!! It's so opaque, and as you can see (it looks browner in the picture), it is a beautiful orange nude. I think it suits everyone I've seen it on, and I think it would look even better if I had a tan. I will say it did cling to the dry patches on my lips but this is no fault of the lipstick, it's just my lips, and I'm going to purchase one of his lip scrubs to sort me out.


Oh look, it's me trying to be photogenic and failing. I really do not have a bad word to say about this, and am so glad that I decided to get it. When I put it on, it somehow makes my lips look so plump and big and doesn't sink in all weird. He really has this formula locked down, and I definitely want to purchase more nudes from his range, as well as the lip scrubs!

I got this from BeautyBay for £16, which I think is great for the quality of this product, and it certainly lives up to all its claims.

I hope you enjoyed this post, sorry again for the absence but I'm back and ready to get into the swing of things! I'm currently trying to decide which eyeshadow palette to try next, let me know if you have any recommendations!

chlo xx

2 comments

  1. I'm glad you liked it, the color looks really nice on you.. I haven't tried any Jeffree Star products. http://www.mrsqbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You should definitely give them a go...theyre great as well in terms of being vegan/cruelty free!!

      Delete

© tintsofautumn. Design by Fearne.