Saturday 5 August 2017

MORPHE BRONZED MOCHA PALETTE REVIEW



Hello there, as you can probably tell I invested in a new palette recently and thought I'd share a lil review with you.

Morphe have some bloody great eyeshadows and came out with two 25 shadow palettes; the bronzed mocha and the copper spice. I had a really hard time choosing between the two, but ultimately fell in love with the purple/red tones in the mocha so handed over my money and gave it a go

Here's what I thought!





So, here's a pic of the palette itself. I got it for £19, I believe, from BeautyBay..which is insane for an eyeshadow palette with this many colours in it. As you can see there's a mix of shimmers and mattes, all in lovely brown/gold/maroon tones. I really am a sucker for maroon tones and glitter, as you know from my love for the cranberry colours in the Violet Voss palette.

After having a lil play around with this palette, right off the bat I love it. Most of the colours are so pigmented, and the glitters are insane. Do note that they are best used with your finger, but I'm not mad about that. Some shades are a little bit iffy and you do need to build them but I mean cmon....it was less than £20. I will also say you definitely do get a bit of kickback and fallout but it's easy enough to tap off your brush and sweep away.

I have some swatches for you as wwll, and I did each row with and without flash.



This is the first row, more of your setting shades and transition shades. There are 5 shades here and on my skin they look virtually invisible, but you can see them on the eye. You can't see the first one at all because I'm so pale which is a bummer but they really are great on the eye.



Here is the second row, as you can see the pigment is very much there and all of the shades blend great on the eyes. I feel like you can use this entire palette for a whole look which is great.



Holy. Glitter. Here are the shimmers, and they're insane. Super pigmented, buttery and easy to blend and work with. They are absolutely stunning and Morphe does not disappoint. Get your hands on these for sure.



Again, another highly pigmented row. Just look at that second shade in. I literally have no words. I can't wait to make some dark smokey eye looks for autumn/winter with these.



Obviously you all know I give my honest opinion in every review I do, and I have to admit I did have a little bit of difficulty with a couple of the colours on this row. The maroon-y shade is absolutely gorgeous but some of the darker colours were a little patchy and not as pigmented. But, then again with a bit of building up and patience they too are great. I'm really not the sort of person to get mad over something being a little bit sheer on the first dip.

So! I would definitely recommend this palette to you gals who love your glitter and darker, more autumnal colours, I just know this is going to look insane. The formula of the shadows is great, blendable and pigmented and I've heard great comments about the Coffee palette too. Get your hands on one of these, because I definitely think Morphe is one of the best brands in the eyeshadow game, and they're super affordable!

Hope you enjoyed!!

chlo xx

2 comments

  1. I really want to try some of Morphes palettes - they seem like such great value for money! The shimmers in this one are stunning!xx

    Lucy | lucy-cole.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg definitely do it it's so worth it!!! They are absolutely incredible xx

      Delete

© tintsofautumn. Design by Fearne.