Friday 11 November 2016

OCTOBER/AUTUMN FAVOURITES



Hi everyone, I've been really struggling with blogging recently but I'm going to get back into the swing of things now that I'm motivated. Today I'm bringing you my October/autumn beauty favourites... I've bought way too much makeup recently but I've been really impressed and just needed to share!! I just bloody love autumn as well, its my favourite time of the year. Hope you enjoy!

First off, lets start with base. The foundation I'm absolutely obsessed with is the Smashbox Studio Skin 15 hour wear hydrating foundation. I always struggle with foundations being great to start with and then throughout the day my nose turns into an oil slick and everything slides off. Not in this case. Although this is slightly more on the pricey side (£29 from both Boots and Smashbox), it's definitely been worth it for me.



I rarely find myself reapplying unless I rub my face by accident (you know when you forget you're wearing makeup and rub your face...FML), and its extremely lightweight on the skin. I've had so many comments on my makeup and my skin in particular since I've been wearing this. It makes me feel great, and it doesn't break me out. The coverage is great and is quite buildable without becoming cakey.
The only thing I will fault is the colour. Obviously because I'm a pale little white girl, I picked up their lightest shade (0.5). Despite this being their lightest shade it is still too dark for me, but normally I can make it work. If you have this problem too, try The Body Shop lightening shade adjusting drops.


Next up; eyeliner. Recently the Boots in my city got a NYX counter and I really did have to maintain a level of self control when I went to have a look. NYX has such amazing quality products and the prices are so affordable. I picked up the Vinyl Liquid Liner in VLLO1 Black/Noir, and honestly I haven't looked back.



The applicator brush is thin, so is great for precise wings which is like my signature look. The eyeliner itself is so black and doesn't go patchy throughout the day. It glides on and stays on, I even struggle to get it off at night, haha!! I was surprised that I liked this because I had kind of gone off liquid liners and moved more onto pens, but this has rekindled my love for liquids! I will definitely be repurchasing this in the black when I run out. I believe they do a white one as well which looks incredible for doing bolder, unique eye looks, and I love the black and white layered eyeliner look that everyone's been doing. Would definitely recommend, plus its only £5.50!!


One of my favourite makeup products at the moment is highlight. There's just something about a good highlighter that makes you feel like a sparkly princess, am I right?! The first of two highlight products I'm talking about today is the infamous Sleek highlighting palette in "Solstice".

 
If you follow any beauty bloggers I'm sure you'll have heard of this product. I genuinely think its one of the best highlighters on the market. First off, can we take a look at this packaging?!
 
 

Inside, you get four beautiful colours: Ecliptic, Hemisphere, Subsolar and Equinox. As well as this, there's a decent sized mirror and a little brush. I don't rate the brush personally because I literally get a huge brush and bathe my face in it.
As you can see from my swatches, these highlight shades are SO pigmented, and the shades are a beautiful range so you can really switch up your makeup looks. These just bring so much life and sparkle to my makeup, I really can't fault them. I don't think its worth splashing out for big brand highlights when this is just £9.99.
 
 
 The other highlight product I have is of course from Revolution. These highlights are huge here in the UK as well. The one I picked up was the Vivid Baked Highlighter in Golden Lights.


This is just STUNNING. Again, highly pigmented and absolutely gorgeous on the skin. I believe this is the most popular shade they have in the Vivid Baked line. Plus, if you buy 3 Revolution products at the moment you get a free fluffy keying which I am living for, haha how sad.

 

Just look how bloody beautiful that is!! One thing I will say though is that the lid on this packaging is really flimsy and they tend to break easily, so be careful. But, with that aside, this highlighter is £3. Did everyone hear that loud enough? £3. One more time? THREE POUNDS.


Next up is a little bag I picked up at Clinton's which I have been using to put my essential makeup bits in for uni.

 
I bloody love a good pun, plus it reminds me of the foxes in the new John Lewis advert... how cute is that?! Not only is this super cute, but its not too large and you can just tuck it into your bag to make sure all your loose bits and bobs aren't flying around everywhere at the bottom of your bag with all the biscuit crumbs and leaky biros. I'm pretty sure they have a little collection of this stuff, and I believe this was around £8.


Finally, this is an old favourite of mine...I can't believe I haven't mentioned it before. I used to use this religiously until I started to get lazy with my skincare routine. I got back into using it recently and my skin has never looked this good. I've had so many compliments on my skin, and I've even had the confidence to go places without makeup on. If you know me, you know that's a huge deal for me, especially as I normally wear a full face of makeup to cheerleading practice because I'm too insecure to go without. This holy grail product of mine is the Clean & Clear deep cleansing lotion for sensitive skin.

 
This formula claims to fight oil and prevent spots, which I absolutely agree it does. Its also amazing for removing excess makeup that you may have missed with your normal wipes or cleanser. It leaves your face feeling hydrated and fresh, and your skin really does feel clean. I cant recommend this product enough, especially if you're fighting a losing battle with your skin.
 
 
I hope you enjoyed this blog post, I can't wait to get back to posting regular content!
 
chlo x

Post a Comment

© tintsofautumn. Design by Fearne.