Saturday 14 October 2017

MAKEUP REVOLUTION LIQUID HIGHLIGHTER REVIEW





 Hello again everyone, this blog post is going to be a little review of the Makeup Revolution liquid highlighter.

Lots of brands are coming out with products like this, especially since the huge hype with Iconic London drops and the Cover FX drops.

The only other liquid highlighter I have tried is Benefits High Beam, which I did love but I wasn't keen on the shade. Does this one compare? Keep reading to find out!








 Okay so here we have it, the extremely aesthetically pleasing product. Mine is in the shade/colour Liquid Champagne. We all know I love my pale golds for highlight over the darker gold and pink tones.
Honestly, my first impression just looking at these on the internet and just seeing it, I was super excited. I thought the packaging was amazing, not luxurious but very nice looking and quite heavy.

From all the swatches and hype online I have to say my expectations were high, especially as MR produces insane highlighters for such a low price anyway.





 And as you can see, in my initial swatch (without blending), it looks absolutely insane...such a beautiful pale gold with a shit tonne of pigment. I guess you can tell that theres a big fat 'but', and if you couldn't...there is lol.


I so so badly wanted to love this but immediately as I rubbed the swatch in, this is what happened.

 

Here are the pictures with and without flash. As you can see as I rubbed it in, it pretty much just turns into a streak of glitter across the skin rather than a flawless glow, if you get me. I found this to be the case on my face as well, it just looked like glitter that I'd dropped on my cheek.

And trust me when I say I tried this product in pretty much EVERY. SINGLE. WAY.

I have tried this on the skin on its own, over foundation (no powder), over foundation and powder, blended with a brush, finger and sponge and before my foundation. The only thing I haven't tried yet is mixing it with my foundation.

 

Overall I just found this product very difficult to work with. It has only worked on a couple of occasions by sheer luck when I have got the blending technique and the amount of product perfect. I have found that if its on top of my foundation, it just doesn't blend and makes my foundation separate.

It also doesn't look too dandy on the skin by itself. I literally found that it wouldn't blend with my sponge and by the time myself and my boyfriend tried to blend it with our fingers, it had dried completely and wouldn't budge. Not to mention it leaves glitter on you when you touch it or try and get it off.

I did find that the best way to blend it was with my finger and then finish it off with a sponge after, but even so it has only worked for me once. I really really have tried this so many times but honestly after about 20 separate occasions of it ruining my makeup I really didn't want to try it again.


So, would I buy it again? No. Unfortunately not, but I have kept it in the hopes that I can practice and maybe make it work for me somehow.

It retails for around £6 I believe, and if you can make it work I would definitely say its better value for money than some of the more expensive ones.

I hate doing negative reviews but this is just a really brutally honest one that I was so upset about :(

Have you tried it? Let me know if you had in the comments and we can have a chat!

Thank you so much for reading, I hope you enjoyed!







Post a Comment

© tintsofautumn. Design by Fearne.