Wednesday 13 September 2017

L'OREAL MATTE LIP PAINT REVIEW




Hello everyone! I'm really loving getting back into blogging again, I have so many posts planned and I'm so excited! I am also really pleased with how my blog is looking, it's making me feel so cosy.

Today I have a lil review for you on L'Oréal's new matte lip paints. I've seen these going around so naturally I had to give it a try, seeing as a few nude shades caught my attention.

Let's get into it!




First off, let's start with the packaging. I absolutely love this packaging, it's different to anything I've seen before in a lip paint. It kind of looks like one of those squeezy tube ones which did initially put me off a bit, but when you unscrew the lid it has a doe foot applicator like a liquid lipstick.

This shade is 209 Nude on Fleek. (cringe)

I love that the colour of the tube is literally an exact match to the product. Have you ever swatched a lipstick and had it be a completely different colour to the packaging or sticker? Not today huns!


Here's a look at the applicator! It's a small applicator and is really comfortable to apply to the lips. It's a little bit flexible so isn't stiff to manoeuvre, and its suuuuuuper soft.

The product also smells insane...like a fruity sweet smell which I personally love in a product. I don't mind a bit of fragrance but if you're not a fan of scented lip products then I wouldn't say this is for you.


Here is a swatch on the skin and as you can see it is highly pigmented, and is so on the lips too. You could definitely wear this over another lip product because its super lightweight, but it's pigmented enough to totally rock on it's own.

HOWEVER. This is something I'm kinda confused about..it isn't matte. I'm gonna be completely real with you, it just ain't matte. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE the formula. Like literally this might be my favourite formula I've tried.

It goes onto your lips like velvet, which is the best way I can describe it. It's not a gloss, not a matte but a velvet kind of finish. Your lips look super soft, feel super moisturised and it actually stays...?!


This is what baffles me...it's not a matte so definitely does not dry down, however it just doesn't budge off your lips. I took this on holiday with me as my only lip product. In the heat, after drinks and full meals, it was still there and didn't need any reapplying.

I could see it coming off on glasses and it wasn't kiss proof either, but it wasn't coming off my lips? Honestly you'd have to try it to understand because it's staying power is out of this world. Like this fucked me up a bit.

I would go as far as to say this is my favourite formula I've tried on my lips. I definitely want to purchase more.

This lil baby retails for just £6.99 in Boots, Superdrug, you know the score. I definitely want to add Off White to my collection because you all know I love a light nude.

I would totally recommend this to you all if you cant stand drying matte lipsticks but want a flawless, pigmented velvety lip look.

Hope you enjoyed!


Post a Comment

© tintsofautumn. Design by Fearne.