Sunday 3 September 2017

L'OREAL PARADISE BROW POMADE...HOT OR NOT?


Hello my loves, I'm back with another makeup review for you!

Recently, I'm sure you've seen, L'oreal have come out with a new "paradise" range in this gorgeous rose gold packaging. I've seen a lot of people talking about the new mascara because apparently its comparable to the Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara.

However, I haven't seen anyone talking about their new brow pomade, which is what I reached for straight away! I feel like a lot of beauty YouTubers have a go-to eyebrow product and never really try anything new, which I find slightly annoying, so even in "full face of first impression" videos, they don't try a new eyebrow product.

ANYWAY, enough rambling, let's see how I got on with this pomade shall we?




Here is the product itself! As I mentioned before it has this stunning rose gold packaging and looks so cute! As you can see here, it comes with a tiny lil brush inside the handle which you can use. But straight off the bat, I don't like these brushes in brow pomade products. I don't like the little brush in Benefit's Ka-Brow for instance, and I did try this one but with no luck.



I've also found (not sure if anyone else has) that the actual silver brush part falls off and gets stuck inside the neck of the product, which is kind of annoying, because I am by no means throwing my makeup around forcefully enough to break it, lol.


Now, I have the ABH dipbrow in Ash Brown and the Benefit Ka-Brow in 6, so I can do some comparisons here if you have either of these products. My L'Oréal brow pomade is in the shade 106 Ebony, which I was a bit worried about because my hair isn't a true black colour. Surprisingly, I found that this is the best colour match out of all 3 pomades I own.

Ka-Brow is basically a full on black, and the shade down is too warm for my hair, and the ABH is a good colour for me but I do find it very easy to use too much and that's when it gets way too dark and bold for me.


As for formula, I find the Ka-Brow definitely my least favourite formula. It's very "bitty", if that's the right word for it, it's dry and hard to work with. ABH dipbrow has a great formula, I absolutely love it, it's really creamy and easy to use and really is worth the money. But, if you're a bit product happy like me, it is very easy to just be like wham bam and have too much on, which is when the colour is a bit dodge.

I've found that the formula of the L'Oréal pomade isn't as creamy as ABH, and is definitely a little bit harder to work with, especially at the beginning. However, it is really easy to build and use and isn't so creamy that you use way too much, if you get me. So, although it is a little tough to work with, I think that sometimes that's great, especially if I want to go for a more natural brow, or if the black in my hair is starting to fade.



So there we have it! I really have tried this product on the daily for weeks now, and I have to say I have been really enjoying it! I feel like its been soooo underrated recently, and would be great if you're looking for a cheap alternative to ABH or are just starting out with pomades.

That said, I'm taking this on holiday with me because I've been loving it so much, and I'm leaving my dipbrow behind!!

The paradise pomade retails for £9.99 in Boots which obvs I couldn't resist. I'd definitely recommend you get your hands on this!

Until next time,

chlo xx

Post a Comment

© tintsofautumn. Design by Fearne.