Wednesday 13 December 2017

THE ORDINARY FOUNDATION REVIEW | BLOGMAS DAY 13


Hello my lovelies, welcome to blogmas day 13! We are just over halfway through blogmas which is MENTAL!
You all know how much I love foundation, obsessing over the best ones for my skin type and my weird shade of white...so today I am bringing you a review of one of The Ordinary's foundations.

Enjoy!





So, this little beauty is The Ordinary's serum foundation, in the shade 1N, "very fair." It says on the bottle that it is lightweight, light coverage and in a serum formula. This is a step out of my comfort zone to be honest, because I love a full coverage foundation to just hide everything on my face!
How beautiful is the packaging too?! It looks so sleek and simple.

The shade itself for me is actually a very good match; getting the neutral undertone was a good shout and the colour on my face just looks so nice. However, of course it does oxidise a little bit so I have to make sure I blend down my neck carefully.


I was surprised because the foundation itself is actually very buildable, and has really great coverage! Blending my cream contour on top of it feels so amazing, it feels so soft and it is so so easy. It's quite liquid-y so pumping it straight onto my face is not an option because the pump gets super messy and it gets everywhere! I usually just put it on my finger and swipe it around my face.

I do have to say I don't think it lasts as long as some of the other foundations I have tried, but I wasn't expecting it to last forever. It keeps my oils at bay for just as long as my other foundations and I only need to powder once throughout the day, as with all my other foundations. I do notice that it sinks into my smile lines a little...but I went out in the snow the other day and got snow thrown in my face, fell over etc and it really didn't budge!


Even better, this foundation is just £5.70 from CultBeauty which is a bargain! This foundation is perfect for wearing for a shorter amount of time but if you still want to look flawless. I'm really glad I tried it because I've really been surprised and have enjoyed it a lot!

Let me know what foundation I should test next!

chlo xx



2 comments

  1. I love lightweight foundations, thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete

© tintsofautumn. Design by Fearne.