Tuesday 12 December 2017

10 THINGS I LOVE ABOUT CHRISTMAS | BLOGMAS DAY 12

Hello and welcome to Blogmas day 12! Today I'm going to be sharing with you 10 things I absolutely love about Christmas. I'd also love to hear what you guys love about it too...it's my absolute favourite time of the year!



  1. Christmas smells- I love any smell related to Christmas! Whether that be the food, or the festive candles, I'm in heaven! My dad used to get a real tree every year and that would smell amazing...combined with the smell of the chicken in the oven...DAY MADE.
  2. Lazy mornings- since I started working when I was 16 I have never had all three "Christmas" days off in the same year...Christmas eve, day and boxing day. However with my new hours I get all three off this year which means maximum lie-in times! There's nothing better than having a lie in and knowing its Christmas and you're doing absolutely NOTHING.
  3. Seeing my family- a given, I know...but I just love seeing members of my family and being all snug and happy...and I don't mind the fact that my parents are divorced as much now because I just get to see everyone imaginable!
  4. The food- Christmas food is the best food...am I right?! Stuffing, pigs in blankets, MASH, GRAVY...CHICKEN...my favourite things. Oh and not to mention parsnips, fancy puddings and alllllll of the booze. Heaven.
  5. The music- Although I'm not a fan of the older Christmas songs, I do love whacking on Michael Buble's CD or putting Justin Bieber's album on repeat...we all love a bit of Mariah as well. PLUS Ariana Grande and Sia have great Christmas tunes too.
  6. Cold mornings- Despite how much I moan, I love cold mornings. The sun rising, icicles and rubbing your hands together to get warm. Seeing your breath in front of you and hopping into your warm car. I just love wrapping up warm and going for wintery walks.
  7. Watching Love Actually and Bridget Jones on repeat- me and my family aren't that into Christmas films, however myself and my mum absolutely adore Love Actually and a bit of Bridget. I think those films get me in a better Christmas mood than any traditional seasonal film would!
  8. Christmas shopping- this year will be mine and JP's second Christmas together and both years we will have gone to Birmingham for Christmas shopping. I just love treating other people and seeing their eyes light up when they open their gifts. Josh and I are so good at any type of shopping together; we skip the crap and get the job done, and then chill out and have some nice food after...heavenly.
  9. Playing family games- Monopoly, Xbox, Nintendo DS...you name it! I haven't played Monopoly in years but me and my siblings used to play Monopoly kids, and at my dads house we would always crack out the ancient Trivial Pursuit. When we all had Nintendo DS', we used to connect on Animal Crossing and Mario Kart. My mum loves getting the whole family involved in the Xbox Kinect games...especially the snow sports!
  10. Christmas markets- how magical are Christmas markets though?! Whether its a popular one or a little local one, there's just something about the atmosphere. Cold weather, smells of food and the sound of music and people. Cute little gifts and just all around such a lovely place to look, even if you don't buy anything. Josh and I went to the Birmingham one last year and it was breath-taking.


    I hope you enjoyed this little post, let me know what your favourite things about Christmas are! See you tomorrow!


    chlo xx

Post a Comment

© tintsofautumn. Design by Fearne.